PARTNERING WITH FAMILIES AS WE FOLLOW JESUS
SUNDAY MORNING OPPORTUNITIES
10:00 a.m. Worship Hour
Children’s Ministry class offerings reflect a child’s growth in understanding and maturity in their walk with Jesus.
We take our inspiration for our progression of classes from John 15:5.
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me,
and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”
SCHOOL YEAR SCHEDULE
- Nursery - birth through 2.5 years - Where our children and new parents learn they are loved by God and this church; where he has provided rich soil in which to grow
- Seeds - Preschool - Where seeds of faith are planted through a of monthly Bible stories with lots of fun options for teachers to choose from
- Sprouts – Kindergarten and 1st grade - (children begin in worship) Where faith begins to grow and mature as children begin in worship with the faith community and then come down to enjoy Bible stories with active learning opportunities
- Vine – 2nd through 4th grades (children begin in worship) Where a child becomes more connected to the Vine (John 15:5) and starts to apply faith to real life situations
- Phish Phood – 5th through 8th grades (children begin in worship) Where kids grapple with questions and learn how the fruits of their faith can feed their daily life
Classes are offered for birth through 4th grade during the months of July and August.
Picking up Children after Worship
Parents, we would love to have you join us for fellowship after worship! For safety reasons, children
must be picked up from their classrooms. Please pick your birth-4th grade children up and
join your church family in Fellowship Hall or the Patio.
Family Worship - Last Sunday of Each Month
Children kindergarten and up remain in worship with their parents instead of being excused to their own program. Engaging music, a children's message, thematic worship packets and activity stations are available to engage them in the message and scripture for the day.
- Welcome Ministry is an opportunity to be the first face of Trinity. Families show up at 9:45 to greet folks as they arrive and pass out the order of worship. Contact Pastor Kurt for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acolyte (candle lighting) Ministry involves children ages 3rd-8th grade as special participants in the morning worship. After arriving at 9:50, the acolytes process down the center aisle to light the candles at the front of the sanctuary, then extinguish them at the end. Contact Carol Raisner at email@example.com for more information.
Worshiping with Children and Youth
We value our children and believe that it is important to integrate all ages into worship and the life of our faith community. View our “Worshiping with Children and Youth” brochure to see suggestions for parents and congregation on helping our children learn how to worship.