1 Corinthians 12:6-7 says, "God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit who displays God’s power through each of us as a means of helping the entire church."
We are bringing back some summer fun with #TrinityTogether 2019. You may remember two years ago when we brought #FlatJesus with us everywhere we went. This year we are bringing the #FlatSpirit with us everywhere we go.
During Pentecost worship on June 9, we will celebrate the birth of the church through the Spirit. Our worship series during the summer will build on this idea as we study 1 Corinthians.
Wherever you are this summer we hope you'll stay connected with Trinity in these ways:
1. Grab a #FlatSpirit this Sunday and bring it with you on your travels, post the photos to Social Media using #TrinityTogether. If you'd like to have the images in the email blast or displayed in worship email them to TrinityTogether2019@trinity-pres.org.
2. We have summer socials happening on the last Sundays of June, July, and August. Make sure to stick around church for a fun time of food and community building.
3. If you are traveling this summer, watch our livestream on Facebook to stay engaged in worship wherever you are. If you aren't on Facebook go to trinity-pres.org/livestream to watch the previous week's livestream recording.
4. Read 1 Corinthians with your family this summer. Use biblegateway.com to find an accessible translation that might work best for your family like the Message, the NIV, the NLT, etc.
Let's stay connected this summer!
Please join us on the last Sunday of the summer months for our socials on the patio after worship. This is a great way to stay connected during a time when many are traveling.
July 28 – Hot Dogs
August 25 - Ice Cream Sundaes
For more information on bible studies and small groups happening at Trinity go to /connect/adult
There are two small groups currently open to new members, both meeting on Wednesday evenings. If you are interested in knowing more, contact Wayne Pitcher for the 7pm meeting at Trinity or Andy Vitus for the 6pm in home bible study.
During the summer we ask for 2 adults to serve in each of the following age group classes each Sunday. This is a great way to get to know some of Trinity’s families and children and fulfill your vow to strengthen their ties with the household of God.
How can you sign up? Check the sign-up sheets by each class, send Kristan an email at email@example.com or Sign up here
- Nursery (birth-2/.5 years) – Get your baby/toddler fix while playing, reading and cuddling with our little ones.
- Seeds – Bible Play with our preschool friends. Read a Bible story, enjoy a simple activity, snack and free play.
- Sprouts/Vine (K-4th grade) – Our theme this summer centers on Prayer and will explore various children’s storybooks to make connections to a life of prayer. Pre-arranged activity stations will be set up to reinforce content.
Pastor Kurt will lead a workshop on Hip-Hop and Theology after worship on July 28. How do we navigate the turbulent waters of listening to modern hip hop as Christians? Should we not listen to hip hop / rap music? Borrowing from the theology of Willie James Jennings, Pastor Kurt will argue that listening to hip hop will help us do the very things that our Christian faith call us to do and be. If you'd like to prepare for the seminar please read this attached pdf, it is a 6 page article about Jennings' theology.
In a sports-writing career spanning nearly 40 years, David Kiefer has learned three things:
- It’s never over ‘til it’s over
- Don’t let your children go to Cal
- Faith plays a crucial role in every story that he writes
Join us in the Fireside Room on August 25, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.
We're excited to announce Trinity's inaugural Middle School Camping Trip this summer! This will be a one night trip at the Homestead youth group site at Memorial Park. Anyone entering 6th - 8th grade in the Fall of 2019 is welcome. We'll be leaving Saturday morning and returning Sunday morning (more details to come closer to summer). Sign up here
At Mount Hermon in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains
Please join the women of Trinity Presbyterian Church and our speaker, Karen Thistlethwaite, as she shares with us "The Gift of Grace" - recognizing and receiving the gift of God’s grace and being gracious with ourselves and others. She will also explore grace as a bridge to helping people in conflict.
Karen is married with two young children, and currently serves as the interim Associate Pastor for Care at First Presbyterian Church Burlingame. Be sure to listen to her preach at Trinity on Sunday, August 18!
Plan to experience a weekend of spiritual reflection and replenishment!
Thank you for completing the registration form and payment online to participate in the 2019 Women's Retreat. Or you may bring a check to the Women's Retreat table on Sunday morning, or by mailing a check c/o Women's Retreat, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1106 Alameda, San Carlos, CA 94070.
If you have questions about your total, please email Kelly Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full and partial scholarships available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
We get special discounts on Zip Lining or the Ropes Course at Mount Hermon during free time on Saturday, October 19th! To secure your spot at the Women's Retreat, email firstname.lastname@example.org.