The annual Trinity garage sale helps our high school youth go on a life changing mission trip. It helps desperately poor families experience a community of caring and get a home. It helps us, as a church community, to work together, have fun and live our values.
What do we need for the garage sale? A detailed list of what is needed and can't be accepted can be viewed here. We are accepting donations starting Sunday, January 26 12pm to 3pm, and Monday through Wednesday 9am to 9pm. Donations are accepted until Wednesday, January 29. Tell your friends!
We need volunteers all week! Sign up here!
Trinity garage sale hours:
Friday, January 31: 4:30pm - 7:00pm (Pre-sale 4:00pm - 4:30pm)
Saturday, February 1: 8:00am - 3:00pm (Bag sale 2:00pm - 3:00pm)
Send questions to Annette Caves.
Over the weekend of February 21-23, UCLA Professor Robert Chao Romero will join Trinity Presbyterian Church and St. Francis Center / Siena Youth Center in celebrating the spiritual wealth of Latina/o culture.
The weekend will feature events at Trinity on Friday Evening 6-8pm, Siena Center, Redwood City, on Saturday afternoon and evening and at Trinity Presbyterian Church, San Carlos, on Sunday morning. The emphasis will be on relationship-building and appreciating the deep spiritual heritage of our local Spanish-speaking neighbors. The Saturday event will be like a local mission trip to visit our friends at Siena and St. Francis complete with food, music, cultural experiences and teaching by Professor Romero.
Rev. Dr. Robert Chao Romero is "Asian-Latino," and has been a professor of Chicana/o Studies and Asian American Studies at UCLA since 2005. He received his Ph.D. from UCLA in Latin American History and his Juris Doctor from U.C. Berkeley, and is also an attorney. Romero has published 15 academic books and articles on issues of race, immigration, history, education, and religion, and received the Latina/o Studies book award from the international Latin American Studies Association. He is also an InterVarsity Press author.
Save the Date! Everyone from Trinity is invited to come to:
• Friday 6-8pm, potluck dialogue in Fellowship Hall with Prof. Romero. Bring a side, beverage or dessert. Childcare is available.
• Saturday 4-7pm, Local “mission trip” to Siena and St. Francis for food, cultural experiences, and teaching by Prof. Romero. Family Friendly!
• Sunday 10am-12:30pm, Prof. Romero will preach at Trinity and will lead a lecture and dialogue in Fireside Room from 11:30am-12:30pm.
High School students travel to Mexico with Amor Ministries to build houses for the poor. This is an amazing time of community building while being the hands and feet of Jesus. Click here for more information.
All Trinity members are invited to stick around after worship for a congregational meeting.
The theme for 2020 is More Than We Can Ask or Imagine.
More information coming soon!
Trinity will send a team of people to visit the work of Mark & Ruth Stoscher in Albania and visit early church sites in Greece next Sept. 23 to Oct. 4, 2020. Would you like to be on that team? The trip will include:
• Flying in and out of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Visiting church sites in biblical Neapolis, Philippi, Berea and Thessaloniki
• Teaching by Wayne Weissman (Torchbearers) on Paul and early church history
• Visiting the work of Mark & Ruth in Erseka, Albania for five days
• Seeing the building Trinity helped purchase and complete
• Sitting in on Torchbearer classes
• Hearing from the people in ministry there and learning about the broader ministry
The cost is estimated at $3,000 (without airfare) and scholarship money is available. God is doing amazing things in Albania, and Trinity has been a partner from the beginning. It will be exciting to see it first hand and to meet our brothers and sisters in Christ in Albania!
For more information on bible studies and small groups happening at Trinity go to /connect/adult
There are two small groups currently open to new members, both meeting on Wednesday evenings. If you are interested in knowing more, contact Wayne Pitcher for the 7pm meeting at Trinity or Andy Vitus for the 6pm in home bible study.