Our board of deacons seeks to show God’s love in action. They serve and lead our church’s congregation in sharing fellowship, hospitality, and pastoral care. A Deacon in the Presbyterian Church is a church member who is elected and ordained to a particular function in the church. The Presbyterian Church’s Book of Order states, “The office of deacon as set forth in Scripture is one of compassion, witness, sharing in the redeeming love of Jesus Christ for the poor, the hungry, the sick, the lost, the friendless, the oppressed, those burdened by unjust policies or structures, or anyone in distress.”
Our board of deacons carries out its ministries as a whole and through various teams.
Sandwiches on Sunday
- This ministry offers a direct way to connect people in our congregation with members of the community who are in need. It provides an opportunity to learn the rewards of service to others. It lets us share the love of Christ with those who may not know Him and to team up with other Christian churches in expressing care and concern to those in our midst.
- Team members provide a bag lunch to hungry people on one Sunday a month. Lunches are prepared at church and then distributed in the community.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Laura Herrera.
- S.O.S. takes place on the second Sunday of the month.
- This ministry brings communion to members of our congregation who are unable to be in worship due to disability or illness.
- It provides an opportunity for ordained Deacons and Elders and the congregation to participate in the church service, creating a greater sense of involvement and community within the church.
- This is a meaningful time in the lives of those who serve and those who are served.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Barbara Schmidt.
- Home communion takes place on the first Sunday of the month.
- This ministry identifies and organizes help for specific needs within the community at large during Christmas and Thanksgiving. Importantly, it provides an excellent opportunity for Deacons and the congregation to become involved in a church activity and to grow in their faith by serving others.
- It provides a wonderful sense of Christian love and community within the church and to the families in need,including members of Latinos Unidos en Cristo Church in San Mateo, children in need at Hawes and Roosevelt Elementary Schools in Redwood City, children in the Angel Tree Network (those with a parent in prison) and high school mothers and their babies from Redwood High School.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Kathy Ailand or Deacon Ken Kilen.
- This ministry ensures that care and concern are personally expressed to those in Trinity’s community of faith who have lost loved ones by providing families with support and assistance in the planning and hosting of a Memorial Service.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Gail Baird.
- This ministry facilitates the delivery and serving of home-cooked meals to the homeless through Street Life Ministries. It is an excellent opportunity for Deacons and the congregation to become involved in a church ministry and grow in faith by serving others.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon David Kiefer.
- To sign up to serve or to prepare a meal click here and scroll down to Street Church.
- Street Church takes place on the third Monday of the month.
E-Z Riders Coordinator
- This ministry coordinates transportation for those who want to come to church but do not have transportation
- For questions, more Information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Richard Muller
Flowers & Visitation
- This ministry uses the flowers from the sanctuary following services each Sunday to ensure that care and concern are expressed to those who are hospitalized, ill and/or homebound.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Ilir Osmeni, Barbara Crockett or Keith Crockett.
Meals & Cards Coordinator
- This ministry supports the congregation by providing meals to members in need to support them as they go through a difficult time. Meals can be made at home or purchased from a restaurant ~ the important thing is that we're caring for one another.
- For questions, more information or to serve on this ministry, contact Deacon Kay Chen.
Deacon Moderators - Sabine Won and Christina Pearson
Barbara & Keith Crockett